Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Vector and Raster Logos

This assignment was designed to show us the importance of vectorizing an image, an rasterizing it. First I opened up a logo into Adobe Illustrator. The image was too big, so to reduce it, I held down the shift key so that the image kept it's ratio. Next I hit the Trace Image, and adjusted the amount of colors I wanted. After I that I preset the image to high fidelity which makes the image quality better. Then I hit expand and that vectorizes the image. The issue I had while working in this assignment was that I saved all my files and didn't select high fidelity, so I had to redo my images.


Apple Logo with 32 colors

I decided to save this as a gif with 32 colors so that it can make the quality of the photo better and less jagged.











Batman Logo with 16 colors

The image only has two colors, so to save it, I saved it as a Gif so that I can adjust the amount of colors the image has. 










Firefox Logo with 16 colors

The raster version.










Sony Logo with 16 colors

The raster version.


No comments:

Post a Comment