Thursday, November 5, 2015

Logo Design and Layout Stages

6x6 Cat logo

DESIGN STAGES

Audience

I intended my audience to be for those who have cats and are looking to try a new brand of food.

Gestalt Uses

The goal of this assignment was to use your initials, and create a personal logo that would represent Gestalt art. At the beginning, I really didn't know what I was going to draw. While brainstorming, I came up with a cat, and I used the my "C" initials to give the cat it's eyes, and an "E" to create it's nose. I utilized Gestalt by not giving the cat's head a real shape, and outlined it with the ears and body so that you can create the head mentally.

Terse

The terse of this design is that I wanted to be creative in some way with the cat sketch. I decided to make the eyes "C"s which stand for my initials, and leave the outline of the head out.

Bottom Line

I want this logo to represent my "company" called Cats Excellent Crunchies.

 LAYOUT STAGES

Thumbnails 

I brainstormed 20+ thumbnails in order to conjure up a logo using Gestalt.

Rough Draft

Once I scanned my logo, used Photoshop and cleaned up the edges by adjusting the levels which made the edges sharp.

Comprehensive 

The 6x6 image is up at the very top.

















Photoshop cleaned up levels

No comments:

Post a Comment