Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Vector Self Portrait

This assignment introduced me into the differences of a raster and a vector. First I went into Photo Shop and adjusted the hue and saturation of my self. I then adjusted the levels of the image and saved it as a psd file. I then opened up Adobe Illustrator and placed the photo on a letter page. I used the Image Trace drop box and picked three different types of settings for my picture and saved them as both as an Adobe Illustrator file, and a jpg. After I used the Direct Tool and filled in selected areas of my photo with different colors. Finally I modified the points on the image so that parts of the images look stretched.

  • A raster image is an image that has pixels. It can also be called bitmap.
  • A vector is an image that has objects and points, not pixels. 


 16 colors: Trace Result with Outline






16 colors: Trace Result

 3 colors: Trace Result


No comments:

Post a Comment